First Week after the Drunk Driver
More Living With Diabetes Jan 1, 1970, 5:00 am
Man, this has been a tough week. I’ve lost 9 pounds. This is a good thing. I haven’t been able to eat a lot of days due to the stress.
On the day of the crash, the following happened:
- We rejected the offer to relocate to a hotel because we had three dogs
- The house was boarded up
- City approved the house for us to occupy as long as some changes were made.
- Boarding up company came back and fixed.
- First insurance adjuster came and examined the house. Escalated to a second adjuster.
- “The Maids” came and cleaned the debris for us.
- Deck man came and fixed the gate so we could get in and out.
Sunday my Pooper Scooper girls brought us new dog run panels as the dogs were getting out.
My husband stayed home from work on Monday and met with the new insurance adjuster and two contractors. The third contractor with both of us that evening.
Thursday, the flooring inspector came and two took sample tiles, one from the wood floor and one from the carpet. Also the electronics people came and irritated me. They are supposed to come and get stuff on Tuesday.
Walking around the house and seeing it each day is getting me completely down. Also my husband. So we’ve decided to relocate to an apartment and I have been working on that each evening. Wednesday say an apartment, Thursday put in application and Friday signed the lease. We will start moving to it on Wednesday.
We have to board one dog, as the apartment only allows 2, and we have three. We are prepared to leave the other two dogs with her each day if they are disturbances.
This has been no fun, and the drunks surely haven’t been this inconvenienced.
… Read the Rest
- Description: Man, this has been a tough week. I’ve lost 9 pounds. This is a good thing. I haven’t been able to eat a lot of days due to the stress. On the day of the crash, the following happened: We…